Everytable, PBC is a mission-driven food company that fights for food justice and equality by providing healthy and nutritious food that is both accessible and affordable for everyone. Everytable is a multi-channel, fresh-prepared food business blending brick-and-mortar markets, home subscriptions, SmartFridges, and food service, all powered by a central kitchen that produces chef-prepared healthy meals at fast food prices.
To expand our mission of healthy food for all, Everytable has launched a Strategic Partnerships Department to bring our omni-channel food services to local government, schools, airports, offices, hospitals and non-profit agencies across Los Angeles, and beyond.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
We are seeking an experienced BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE to expand a Everytable’s food service customer base, using prospecting strategies to identify, outreach, qualify prospects and land new business opportunities. This individual brings more than 5 years sales experience in B2B sales in contract food service, and is disciplined, internally motivated, organized, detail-oriented and a team player with a passion for building a game-changing social enterprise.
POSITION TITLE: Business Development Associate
REPORTING TO: Senior Director, Business Development
WORKING IN COLLABORATION WITH:
- Partner Success Managers
- Finance and Accounting
KEY RESULT AREAS:
Broken down into the following categories:
Business Development 30%
Special Projects 05%
- Develop and aggressively outreach to contact lists, generating weekly leads in industries in line with company strategy
- Proactively identify leading-edge industry trends and customer segments that build a robust short/medium/long-term sales pipeline
- Develop and execute effective sales pitches that leverage Everytable’s omnichannel food services
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services, new pricing plans and company operations
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
- Collaborate with Marketing team, as assigned, to development marketing materials that feature Everytable’s food service
- Schedule discovery meetings with sales prospects, and between prospective clients and senior leadership, as needed.
- Effectively qualify leads from marketing and outreach campaigns as sales opportunities
- Proactively and rapidly advance sales prospects to close on weekly basis
- Consistently meet and exceed targets, including number of referrals, new accounts, quality of accounts, margin and revenue goals, as assigned
- Contact a minimum of 10 potential clients a week through cold calls and emails
- Leverage professional and company network to drive sales opportunities
- Develop proposals and presentations for prospective clients within 3 days
- Prepare quick-turnaround proposals and presentations for prospective clients to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Consistently sharpen and test sales strategy and tactics
- Cultivate trust and collaboration with client to optimize partnership
- Report to the Senior Director of Business Development on weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales results
- Achieve monthly and quarterly targets, as assigned, on individual and team Objectives and Key Results.
- Ensure timely and thorough completion and updates of all required documentation for sales accounts, including client files and CRM entries
- Provide thorough briefings for Partner Success team to ensure successful internal onboarding of clients
- Maintain contact with Partner Success team to discuss opportunities to expand food service
- As needed, generate weekly source data for invoicing and purchases orders, and support finance team with billing on a weekly basis
- Assist with meeting scheduling, execution and documentation for Strategic Partnerships and other meetings as needed
- Assist in maintaining and improving cross-departmental communication and synergy
Special Projects (5%)
- Coordinate special projects as needed for business development, as needed (e.g. research and coordinating with other stakeholders on operational requirements for food service products.)
- Enthusiastic team player mindset
- Energetic, disciplined self-starter with a drive to achieve and surpass business goals
- Teachable and coachable with drive to constantly improve performance
- Demonstrated commitment to company mission
- Successful track record in B2B sales and negotiation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with using customer data and insights to develop sales strategy
- Diligent in documentation and follow through
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
Compensation & Benefits
- Base salary commensurate with experience
- Additional compensation connected to achieving and surpassing performance-based targets, set and reviewed on a quarterly and monthly basis by supervisor.
- Full health benefits including medical, dental, vision
- Eligibility for 401k plan
Everytable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ people to apply. Everytable is a Fair Chance employer and will consider qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records for employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Come Join the Mission
At Everytable, we believe nutritious food is a human right. Our team is focused on making fresh and delicious meals affordable and available for everyone, everywhere. Our journey to fundamentally change the food system and the way we eat has been featured by The NY Times, LA Times, Shark Tank, Food & Wine, Forbes, and many more. We have markets, SmartFridges, and a subscription service across Los Angeles, in communities from Compton to Crenshaw to DTLA to Brentwood and everywhere in between.
A Journey to Fundamentally Change the Way People Eat
If you think a salad doesn’t need to cost $15, and if you think fast food doesn’t have to be defined as a burger and fries, then Everytable might be the place for you. We’re looking for teammates who are committed to social justice, unafraid to attack challenges head-on, and eager to find solutions on a daily basis.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)