Everytable is a mission-driven food company that fights for food justice by making delicious, healthy food accessible to everyone, everywhere. From being featured on Shark Tank and the New York Times to raising capital from investors like Kimball Musk and Gwyneth Paltrow, we are and will continue to be, building a social impact brand that aims to fundamentally change the food system. Our multi-channel business includes grab and go Markets, SmartFridges, and a weekly Subscription service, all powered by a central kitchen that produces healthy meals starting at $5.
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Everytable has emerged as a leading first responder for food across Los Angeles. In partnership with city and county government agencies and non-profit organizations, Everytable has established an effort that will deliver more than 3 million meals (and counting) to the most vulnerable populations across Los Angeles: homebound seniors, homeless residents, food-insecure college students, etc.
As Everytable’s Facilities & Maintenance Lead, you would be responsible for the plant facility, the equipment and all maintenance. You will lead the installation of equipment and be responsible for ensuring that all maintenance systems and procedures are properly designed and fully implemented. You will oversee and ensure the facility is in working order, and that preventative maintenance services are performed regularly and on schedule. You will assist in developing/reviewing specifications and purchasing of equipment. Will plan and manage the plant’s utilities requirements to meet production needs, as well as analyze and coordinate the plant’s required resources for support of production and efficient maintenance cost. You will ensure the plant is HARPC/HACCP/GMP/OSHA compliant and oversee preventive maintenance.This is a position for a highly-organized, dependable self-starter who is committed to food justice and is passionate about our mission.
Reporting to: Plant Manager
Working in collaboration with:
- Warehouse Manager
- Sanitation Supervisor
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Team
- Food Innovation Team
- Supply Chain & Inventory Analyst
Key Result Areas: (% weighted in accordance of importance)
Broken down into the following categories:
Machinery Maintenance, Troubleshooting, and Repairs 50%
Project Management 25%
PM Set-Up, Compliance, and Evaluation 15%
Admin/ Budget/ Compliance/ Reporting 10%
- Oversee the facilities, maintenance and repairs program and collaborate with the Plant Manager on R&M budget.
- Delivers on a “safety first” culture by ensuring facilities and equipment are maintained in compliance with standards, best practices, and regulatory requirements. Ensures there are no unsafe conditions in the facilities and responds to building and equipment emergencies.
- Ensure performance standards of equipment. Perform repairs and maintenance of all plant equipment, and be able to outsource when needed.
- Assign and direct maintenance and repair tasks to the team on off days.
- Lead Preventive Maintenance program. Performs related work as required to sustain and improve the PM program. Develop schedules and supervise corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance for the plant.
- Troubleshoot repairs on equipment as needed (electrical controls, motors, relays, and auxiliary equipment). Lead movement of equipment as directed by the Plant Manager.
- Prioritize, schedule, plan, and execute work orders by assigning workload to self, team or mechanics on daily, weekly, monthly, semiannual and annual basis.
- Manage pricing for equipment and part purchases. Obtains and reviews price quotes for the procurement of parts, services, and labor for projects.Responsible for invoice processing and accuracy of cost center coding.
- Oversee workers engaged in installing, servicing, and repairing all plant equipment, and facilities systems.
- Inspects and verifies completed work for conformance to craftsmanship of mechanics, blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Expertly run and maintain equipment in the production facility including skills in welding, electrical, and cutting.
- Work closely with production, sanitation, and planning to find and implement solutions to improve production and plant efficiency
- Collaborate with the commercialization team to provide project management for capital projects; help to supervise the fabrication, installation, and commissioning of new equipment.
- Help maintain and improve food quality and food safety through strict adherence to GMP and BRC, internal standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in GMP, COVID, BRC, Safety, OSHA, and any QC/HR trained certifications
- Attend daily team huddles weekly team meetings, and weekly 1:1 with your manager.
- Perform other special projects and duties as assigned
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in industrial maintenance and facilities maintenance in a food processing or food manufacturing environment.
- 3-5 years of experience maintaining, repairing, and trouble-shooting the following in a manufacturing environment: complex manufacturing equipment, packaging equipment, basic electrical, welding and fabrication, able to read blue prints.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills combined with the ability to determine root cause, containment and corrective actions.
- Must have a good understanding of GMPs, OSHA, or an OSHA certification.
- Ability to be independent, self-motivated, and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Highly detailed and planning oriented with exceptional follow-through and initiative.
Essential Functions & Work Conditions
- Must be able to work on wet concrete floors, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to climb and safely work off of ladders and in confined spaces.
- Some bending/kneeling/stooping required.
- Frequent walking
- Some lifting, moving, and positioning of objects and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a fast, sometimes loud environment with varying temperatures.
- Manufacturing environment with exposure to cleaning fluids, manufacturing equipment noise, refrigeration, air conditioning and heating.
- Exposure to general construction noise
- Competitive salary
- Health + dental + vision insurance
- Energetic team environment at a purpose-driven company
- Fresh and delicious Everytable meals at work
Everytable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ people to apply. Everytable is a Fair Chance employer and will consider qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records for employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Come Join the Mission
At Everytable, we believe nutritious food is a human right. Our team is focused on making fresh and delicious meals affordable and available for everyone, everywhere. Our journey to fundamentally change the food system and the way we eat has been featured by The NY Times, LA Times, Shark Tank, Food & Wine, Forbes, and many more. We have markets, SmartFridges, and a subscription service across Los Angeles, in communities from Compton to Crenshaw to DTLA to Brentwood and everywhere in between.
A Journey to Fundamentally Change the Way People Eat
If you think a salad doesn’t need to cost $15, and if you think fast food doesn’t have to be defined as a burger and fries, then Everytable might be the place for you. We’re looking for teammates who are committed to social justice, unafraid to attack challenges head-on, and eager to find solutions on a daily basis.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)